Gmail is one of the most widely used email services in the world, with millions of users relying on it to communicate and manage their daily lives. While Gmail provides ample storage for email, attachments, and other files, it is always a good idea to have a backup of your account to protect against data loss or other issues. In this blog, we will discuss how to backup Gmail account to a local computer.
There are several methods to backup Gmail account to a local computer, but we will focus on the two most common methods: using Google Takeout and using an email client like Microsoft Outlook.
Method 1: Using an Automated Solution
Advik Gmail Backup Tool is a professional and reliable tool to backup Gmail account to your local computer. This tool offers various features to the users to ensure a seamless backup process. With this tool, you can easily backup all your emails, attachments, contacts, and other important data from your Gmail account to your local computer without any hassle.
The tool comes with a simple user interface that makes it easy to use even for non-technical users. It supports multiple file formats such as you can export Gmail to PST, EML, MSG, PDF, MBOX, HTML, etc., so you can choose the format that suits your needs the best.
Advik Gmail Backup tool is also equipped with advanced features like selective backup, which allows you to choose specific folders or emails that you want to backup. This feature is helpful when you want to backup only a certain set of emails instead of the entire mailbox.
Moreover, the tool also allows users to export Gmail emails to excel spreadsheets, word document etc.
In summary, the Advik Gmail Backup tool is the best method to backup Gmail account to local computer as it is reliable, user-friendly, and offers advanced features that ensure a seamless backup process.
Method 2: Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a free service provided by Google that allows you to download a copy of your Gmail data to your local computer. Here are the steps to backup your Gmail account using Google Takeout:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Go to the Google Takeout website.
- Select the data you want to download. In this case, select “Mail” to backup your Gmail emails.
- Choose the file type and size of your backup file. You can choose between ZIP or TGZ file format and select the maximum size of the file.
- Click “Create export” to start the backup process.
- Google will start creating your backup file. This may take a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the size of your Gmail account.
- Once the backup file is ready, you will receive a notification email. You can then download the backup file to your local computer.
Method 3: Using an Email Client
Another method to backup Gmail account to a local computer is to use an email client like Microsoft Outlook. Here are the steps to backup your Gmail account using Microsoft Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click on “File” and select “Add Account.”
- Enter your Gmail account details, including your email address and password.
- Click on “Manual setup or additional server types” and select “IMAP” as your account type.
- Enter the following server settings:
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- Click on “More Settings” and select the “Advanced” tab.
- Under the “Folders” section, select “Root folder path” and enter “[Gmail]” (without the quotes).
- Click “OK” to save your settings.
- Outlook will start downloading your Gmail account data to your local computer. This may take some time, depending on the size of your account.
Once the backup process is complete, you can access your Gmail data in Microsoft Outlook on your local computer.
In conclusion, backing up your Gmail account to a local computer is essential to protect your data and ensure that you can access it even if you lose access to your Gmail account. By using Google Takeout or an email client like Microsoft Outlook, you can easily backup your Gmail data to your local computer and have peace of mind knowing that your data is safe and secure.